Saturday, March 20, 2010

That sucks cow butt!

So for Lent one year (me: former Catholic), I decided to give up swearing. But what wound up happening was that I invented my own swear words and phrases. No one else knew what the heck I was talking about, but that just made it more fun. I still use some of them, my favorite being “that sucks cow butt.” A close second would probably be “fudge bucket.”

There is actually an origin story for “that sucks cow butt.” When I was in middle school, they brought in a public speaker to talk to us about smoking. The most memorable thing about the whole speech was when the guy compared smoking to sucking a cow’s butt. I just couldn’t get that image out of my head. So when I gave up swearing, things didn’t just “suck” they “sucked cow butt.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions, comments or concerns? Share them here.