Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Define yourself, blog!

So I was contemplating the fact that this blog has (d)evolved into sort of a poetry blog and I'm not sure if that is the direction that I intended for it to go. I started the blog as an exploration into the etymolgy of words and phrases, particularly odd little idioms, but quickly realised that many of the phrases that I find interesting are outdated (or just not nearly as interesting to other people).

I think what I would like this blog to become is something more of a working canvass for ideas on word usage, communication and writing. In other words, a collage of intersecting concepts that may vary widely from day to day. And, as always, I would like to write and post more frequently and encourage feedback.

For now, I leave you with this writing prompt: What are you NOT thinking of? I'll share my list later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions, comments or concerns? Share them here.