Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Captured

They pulled me from my bed with strong hands that grasped at my naked body. In a tangled heap, the sheets fell to the floor. Megan had warned me they would come, but I didn't think it would be so soon. A scream escaped my lips, something unhuman and scratchy, my throat already dry and weak. There were three of them - large men in black uniforms. They wore the badge of male dominance - a phallic symbol enclosed within a circle. One of them clasped his sweaty palm over my mouth and shoved it up against my nose. I struggled to breathe. Another bashed his baton against my head and I crumpled.

When I came to, I was riding in the back of a paddy wagon. They had cuffed my hands behind my back and shackled my ankles together as well. With some effort, I managed to push myself into a seated position. The acrid smell of sweat, like old gym socks, surrounded me. I shivered uncontrollably, my whole body shaking. A cool breeze came in through the ventilation holes in the door. It wasn't so much that I was cold, but that I had begun to panic. Who knew would be in store for me when we reached the facility?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions, comments or concerns? Share them here.