Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Power of Negative Thinking

In high school, some of my goth/emo friends and I (but don't you dare call them goth! - though that's exactly what we were) kept a rant notebook. At first, it seemed like a good idea - to get all that pent-up energy out on the page, to share it with friends who could comment upon it. I, however, took it to the next level.

When the notebook was in my possession, I would make ridiculously long lists of all the things in the world I hated. From ex-boyfriends to the high note in the national anthem to pencil shavings. You name it, I hated it. Even zippers. Not just stuck zippers that keep you from putting on your coat. ALL zippers, without qualification.

When they let me have the notebook for an entire weekend, I filled more than half of it with my own personal rants and then proceeded to pen a suicide note about how I couldn't live in a world filled with so many things that I hated.

It's amazing what the power of negative thinking can do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any questions, comments or concerns? Share them here.