Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Will Remember

I miss
I'd (entity): Poetics
716: Fine Art
and the Nook.

I miss shouting poetry in a cafe so loud
that people walking in
walked right the fuck back out.

I miss stripping down to my swimsuit
in the middle of winter,
telling everybody how Wisconsinites
need to be nudists (they really do).

I miss tearing apart a giant hummus plate
and wearing hats to cover the fact that
I'd chopped off all my hair
because I thought that was what lesbians did.

I miss Nicolas Michael Ravnikar
& Nicky Poo & Jonathan
(who was what he ate).
I miss Dayvin's exquisite corpse,
David's candlelit gallery,
& Sarah's madwoman poetry.
I miss Anna Leslie who ran off to the West
& Colleen & Jenny who ran off
together to the East.

But I'm only dropping names
because they are far too heavy
for me to carry.

And with each new incarnation,
each place takes its own shape.
And here we are at Tg's
making all kinds of new memories.

I will remember you.
Will you remember me?
Don't let your love pass you by
waiting up for the memory.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including me in your memories...wish I was there in person to make the new memories. Look forward to seeing what you share at open mic here. Don't forget! I'll try to write more poetry to share with you from afar.

    ReplyDelete

Any questions, comments or concerns? Share them here.